SOUND & INTERCOM
There are four soundboards for the Theatre:
Allen & Heath 14:4:2+ : Features include 14 channels, 4 submasters, mains, and six auxes (pre or post fader).
This mixer is dedicated for classes and events with minimal sound requirements, and is positioned next to the light board operator. Also dedicated to this board is a Numark (MP 302) professional Dual MP3/CD player.
Soundcraft K3 (with meater bridge) : Features include 21 mic inputs, 6 stereo inputs (A or B), 8 groups, mains, and 8 auxes ( pre/ post-fader selectable by pairs).
This mixer lives in the sound booth at the rear of the auditorium, with a full audio patch bay connected. With prior arrangement, this mixer can be moved into the house.
Soundcraft Vienna II : Features include 48 mic inputs, 8 stereo inputs, 8 groups, 8 VCAs, 4 matrixs (A and B), mains, and 8 auxes (pre/post selectable).
This mixer lives in a roadcase. With prior arrangement, this mixer can be set up in the house.
Soundcraft 200-Delta : Features include 20 mic inputs, 4 stereo inputs (A or B), 4 groups, mains, and 4 auxes (2 pre-fader, 2 post-fader).
This mixer is in storage in the booth at the rear of the auditorium. With prior arrangement, this mixer can be moved to where it is needed.
There are 6 – Whirlwind SPC83P-S 8 channel 3-way splitters in the booth. These split the mic lines between the booth, FOH mix position and the stage for a monitor mix. Phantom Power is controlled by the splitter.
- 1-LG BH200 Super Blu Player (combo Blu-ray & HD DVD)
- 1-Denon DN-V200 DVD player
- 1-Panasonic DVD-RV32 player
- 1-Denon DN-D4500 Dual MP3/CD player
- 1-Denon DN-650F CD player
- 1-Technics SLP-1300 CD player
- 2-Denon DN-720R3-head cassette decks
- 1-Panasonic SV-3700 Professional Digital Audio Tape (DAT)
- 2-Otari MX-5050 reel-to-reel tape decks
- 1-Numark (MP 302) professional Dual MP3/CD player (dedicated to Allen & Heath board)
- 1-Tascam CD-RW750 professional CD rewritable recorder (in a portable rack)
- 1-Denon DN 1800F Dual CD player (in a portable rack)
- Equalization and effects
- 4-Ashly GQX 3102 two channel third octave graphic equalizer (one dedicated to main mix)
- 1-Ashly XR1001 crossover
- 1-Lexicon MPX 1
- 5-Symetrix 501 Compressor/Limiter
- 1-PreSonus ACP88 eight channel compressor/Limiter/Gate
- Main Amps and Speakers:
- 1-QSC MX3000A amplifier
- 1-QSC MX2000A amplifier
- 1-QSC RMX 1850 amplifier
- 2-JBL SR4731A (2-12″ and 1-1 ½” cones)
- 2-JBL SR4718A (subs)
- 2-JBL JRX118SP 18″ 300 watt powered subs
- Ashly XR2001 three way crossover
- Concert stage monitors
- 4-QSC MX2000A amplifier
- 8-EAW SM260 (12″ and 2″)
- Additional Amps and Speakers
- 3-QSC RMX 2450 amplifiers
- 8-EAW JF80 Dance Monitors
- 1-QSC DCA 1824 Digital Cinema Amplifier
- 10-EAW CR72i Cinema System Speakers
- 6-Altec 1594B 100-watt solid state power amps
- 6-JBL 4311 3-way speakers in auditorium walls
- 1-Altec A7 speaker in ceiling above apron
- 2-Altec 1231 wedge floor monitors
- Microphones and Direct Inputs
- 16-Shure SM-58 vocal mics
- 4-Shure SM-57s
- 5-ULX-P Wireless Recivers
- 3-Older LX Wireless Receiver
- 5-ULX-P Wireless Lavs
- 3-Older LX Wireless Lavs
- 9-Shure 93 head for Lavs
- 1-Shure 83 head for Lavs
- 4-ULX-P Wireless Handhelds w/ 87 heads
- 2-Older LX Wireless Handhelds w/ 87 heads
- 1-ULX-P Wireless Handheld w/ 58 head
- 1-Older LX Wireless Handheld w/ 58 head
- 6-Crown PCC-160 floor mics
- 2-AKG C451-E mics
- 1-Shure MX418/C podium mic
- 6-Countryman Type 85 FET Active DI
- 1-Whirlwind Passive DI
- Intercom and video monitors
- 1-Clearcom PL PRO MS-232 (2 channel main station)
- 1-Clearcom PL PRO RM-220 (2 channel remote station)
- 1-Telex BTR-200II (4-station wireless communication)
- Various stations throughout the theatre for a total of 13 headsets
- Video monitors with a stage shot are located backstage, greenroom, lobby, and all dressing rooms.
California Polytechnic State University
1 Grand Ave
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407